Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Workin' For a Livin'

You know what the last four months have felt like? They've felt like that little chunk of time between being sentenced to jail and actually going into prison. Your time to say your goodbyes and your I love you's and masturbate in peace without other dudes looking. It's felt fantastic, and now it's all coming to an end.

I have to start paying back my student loans in two months. And I'm still a stock boy. With a car payment. And no one else wants to hire me. Why?

EXPERIENCE.

I don't have it. Well, I shouldn't say that. The last five years I've progressed from being a stock boy to being a sort-of manager but really I'm just a guy who puts cans on shelves. I have some experience, but when you look at my job on a piece of paper, it looks like shit. It's the only job I've ever had (they worked around my school schedule) and right now it's the only place that wants me. Right now I'm the chick at the bar you really don't want to bang, but it's 1:30 and your options are me and a Kleenex. It seems like everyone else is Natalie Portman and they're all getting chosen before me.

To be fair, wise choice.

Just irritating. I've applied for I don't know how many jobs over the last month and have gotten a few e-mails but nothing substantial. Comes back to experience. While some kids were doing internships I was working 35 hours a week plus 15 hours of class. I had to pay for shit, and I couldn't work for free when I had bills to pay. But does an employer really care about that? I can say my work ethic is strong (which it is) but I don't have the what? SAY IT WITH ME NOW!

EXPERIENCE!

Just a short rant, had to get that out of me. I'm nowhere near done trying, and I'm happy to have any job at all. But Goddamn, welfare sounds like a good idea.



MOVIE TIME!!!!!!!
Saw Battle: LA last Friday. That's all the review I want to write. I saw it, I definitely saw it. I know I saw a variety of stereotypes engage in various 80s movie cliches without acknowledging they're 80's movie cliches. I saw terrible acting and heard inane dialogue that made me want to vomit. But rather than explain all this, let me give you an example: SPOILER ALERT...WELL, NOT REALLY BUT KINDA

At one point, our Marines are holed up in a building and are engaging the alien enemy from outside. They manage to harm one alien, and bring him inside to examine it to discern where to aim for in order to kill it. Now, they have a doctor, a guy straight out of Blood Diamond. His thick African accent is difficult to understand, but you sense he has an idea of what he's doing. You would think he would examine the alien since he's the only one with any relative experience with dissection. What happens instead? A civilian, a woman, says she may be able to help. How, you may ask?

"I'm a veterinarian"

This is where I slit my wrists. And this is why I not only give this movie no stars, but it OWES me stars.


SONG TIME!!!!!!!
Black Milk feat. Royce da 5'9"- Losing Out



This is the kinda song I play whenever I need to get hyped for something, assuming that no Nelly Furtado is available. Good Jesus, I don't know what to say other than this beat is rocking.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment